2.27.2010

To Be Like Daniel

Oh golly, I still have the sniffles. And I need to sleep. And I'm "blogging." Oh golly. I just wanted to share an earth-shattering moment in my life. A couple of hours ago I was hanging out with my God, praying, listening, praising. I felt compelled to literally get down on my knees before Him & plead with Him for clarity about certain things & reassurance about others. Tears flowed, & I kept thinking how silly I must have looked by myself, in my room, bowed down to an invisible God. But, I was sweetly reminded of Daniel & his prayer life...

Three times a day he got down on his knees & prayed, giving thanks to his God, just as he had done before. Daniel 6:10

Daniel, too, literally got down on his knees habitually to walk with the Lord daily. God was accustomed to hearing his voice daily. How kewl! I want to be like Daniel...

Moral of the story (I feel like I ramble, always): The physical posture of bending the knee to God's authority reminded me of His sovereignty. I felt strange, true, but felt secure in His power. I challenge you to go before your Creator & humbly bow before Him. It rocked my world.















(P.C.: Google Images)

No comments:

Post a Comment