8.25.2010

Unscholarly Commentary on the Word

Warning: This post is a little caddywhompus.

This morning, my first morning back in the hipster mecca that is Denton, TX, I am enjoying a delish cup of coffee, reading, journaling, & being satiated by God through His Word. His living and active Word that pierces spirit, soul, & marrow. The Bible.

In the past year, maybe a little less, I have grown to adore and desire the black letters on the white pages. They have fed me, nurtured me, & satisfied me; they have healed me, comforted me, & humbled me; they have counseled me, taught me, & relieved me; they have penetrated me, pursued me, & rescued me.The written Word has revealed to me the Living Word, & the Living Word has delivered me. The Word of God is a lamp unto my feet & a light unto my path (Psalm 119:105), hidden in my heart (Psalm 119:11), & my sword (Ephesians 6:17). I cannot help but treasure it.

The Word, God's primary healing agent, has cured me. When I sat in darkness & the deepest gloom, suffering in iron chains, He sent forth His word & healed me; He rescued me from the grave (Psalm 107:10-21), & I trust He will do so again & again. The writer of Psalm 119:92 testified to this healing power: "If your law had not been my delight, I would have perished in my affliction."

The Great Physician has allowed me to harbor a love for His Word & its healing powers, & I am forever grateful. And now you know my thoughts on something I too easily take for granted. For when Your Word is not my delight, send it forth.













(P.C.: Google Images)
Post Script:// School starts tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment