2.04.2011

From My Journal

Rarely do I post words that come directly from the sacred pages of my journal. I tend to share my thoughts and ideas related to my journal musings, but most of the time they're just general, never too intrusive. This morning, however, I think what I used pen to put to paper was rather beautiful. My thoughts this morning:

I want to be more like snow. Snow is so gentle as it falls to the ground, so kind, so soft. I love to watch as it unassumingly makes its way down to the earth. Snow is humble. But You, Father, make it beautiful, make it glisten, to declare Your glory & to make Yourself known even more. I want to be more like snow. A harbinger of You, the snow is a picture of Your unrelenting grace, falling in abundance and gently resting on my cold, cold heart. I want to be more like snow.

The snow, as much as it has altered my weekend plans, was extraordinarily beautiful. I can't be more thankful for the picture that it painted in my heart of who God really is.

1 comment: