6.13.2011

All the Things I Crave, He is

It feels like 7:38 in the evening, but as I watch the sun melt into the tree outside my window, I know the morning has come. And I have been witness to its arrival as I sit here and read and write. Why am I writing? To who am I writing? I have laboriously struggled with this little ol' blog wondering about its existence and its couple of page hits per day and thought these questions to myself over and over. This morning, however, I know that I write because I desire to write, not necessarily to be read. I write because I desire to glorify One who shines brighter than the sun. And who am I writing to? Him.

To Him who relentlessly pursues me, a God who knows me. He intricately designed me in my mother's womb with a chasm in my heart that could only be filled and satisfied by Him alone. For the mornings He knew I would wake early and just need to be enveloped in His love and His mercies. For the moments when all I want is some assurance that my hopes and dreams are still being guarded and tended by His hands...

For these times when I feel need beyond what I can understand...He is better. Life is a simple thing and talking with Him is the only thing that satisfies. All the things I crave, He is.

2 comments:

  1. Babygirl, you make me want to write more. To spend more time just thinking, just being, just meditating on JESUS and this life He has gifted me.

    "For the moments when all I want is some assurance that my hopes and dreams are still being guarded and tended by His hands..."

    -Jillian

    ReplyDelete
  2. GUARDED AND TENDED by HIS hands.

    It's so assuring. So beautiful. So powerful. So true.
    I'm crying.
    Because it's true. And all those other things I said.

    -Jillian

    ReplyDelete