6.24.2011

Good Music, Deep Friendship, and a Little Bit of Coffee and Tea

I'm writing this post with a large cup of coffee next to my bed and a deep desire to be with the Lover of my soul. But first, I must share about my evening last night, jam packed with good music, deep friendship, and a little bit of coffee and tea. Blessings overflowed.

I'm not sure what I did to deserve such a beautiful best friend, but Lyndsay really is the best. Loyal is her middle name, and she is clothed in the selfless blood of Jesus Christ. Don't get me wrong, she's not perfect, but I've enjoyed joining her on her adventure to be more like God's Son. And I know she's loved every moment of my journey, too. What's so wonderful about our friendship is that our relationships with God and our approaches towards Him can sometimes be starkly different, but we always have the same goal in mind: to fall more deeply in love with the Gospel and all of the implications that come with that statement.


She reminded me just the other day that when we were in high school we used to look at each other before walking into our French class just to say "To glorify Him!" or something of that nature. That girl pushes me towards Jesus.

So last night we went to a little jazz concert in town, ate delicious food, then headed to one of my favorite coffee shops. Oh yeah, and we talked about some really great stuff, too. And we even kind of documented the evening...

 Delicieux!
Love it. 
Probably the cutest game of cards ever played.
The Book Swap at BG's! Take a book, leave a book.
I kind of think she's the coolest.
And this is my favorite picture from the whole evening.Girl knows how to pose. 

Thanks for being yourself, Lyndsay.  

1 comment:

  1. I. Love. You. Best night ever. I don't deserve those sweet words or your sweet friendship. Thank you Jesus for GRACE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete