9.22.2011

Created

It's with great joy and gladness that I write that the Lord created me. He knit me together in my mother's womb and caused me to come into being. He molded my very person intimately and intricately, with precision. I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

And not only did He form the physical nature of who I am, but He also created the inner parts, the inmost places. When He created me, He knew I would love the onset of autumn and the conclusion of summer; He knew I would delight in a good book and enjoy all coffee products; He knew I would relent to the stressors of school all too easily and enjoy Friday nights at home; He knew that I would make my bed each morning and notice the weaknesses of others more readily than my own; He knew, in His wisdom, that He would send Jesus to death on a cross to ransom His creation.
---
A little girl came to profess faith in Jesus Christ at six years old. She asked Him to save her. He had, and He did. That little girl is now me, a twenty year old woman who loves writing, singing, and baking and is soon to be twenty-one. My little girl mind still can't understand why the Lord would create me to save me or why a King would send His Son to die, but I rejoice because He did create me, and He did save me. Pure bliss...

And there's a small glimpse into my mind.
Enjoy your Thursday. : )

P.S. I'll be singing In Christ Alone with this kid at my good friend Molly's wedding in just two weeks! Excitement is an understatement.

No comments:

Post a Comment