9.16.2011

Summer Corn and White Bean Soup

Delicious in a bowl is what this recipe is. I made it this week (with my own modifications) and ate it for many, many meals. The only problem: I wish I had more!

P.C.: My Recipes

Here's my version: 
  • 1/2 tablespoon canola oil
  • 1/2 cup sliced green onions
  • 1/4 cup chopped bacon
  • 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1(15-ounce) can navy beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 (14-ounce) cans fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
  • 1 (4.5-ounce) cans chopped green chiles, undrained
Heat canola oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions and bacon, and cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in corn and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.

I halved the recipe and changed some ingredients (ex: ham) to better suit my college lifestyle. I also put a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of cheese on top. I hope you try it and enjoy!


Have a happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment