2.05.2010

Love

Well, we all know Valentine's Day is coming up...Single's Awareness Day, V'Day, The Coolest Day of the Year, whatever you want to call it-- I love it. (I always go out to dinner with my parents. True. Story.) This year, my sweet Mawmaw is my Valentine. She loves me. Forgive me for slightly changing the subject, but there is another love besides that of my grandmother's that makes me beam these days & will for many more days to come. This love far supersedes the way my parents could ever love me, the way any man could ever love me, the way my friends could ever love me...this love is God's love. The unchangeable, unconquerable, immovable, irremovable, unwavering, untiring, unflinching, stubborn love of God.

CAN YOU COMPREHEND IT!? NO.

This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one & only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us & sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 1 John 4:9-10

And that's just one verse.
I can do nothing, you can do nothing, we can do nothing to earn His love. And that's what makes it so beautiful. A friend once asked me, "wouldn't you love for your man to do everything for you & love you so much without you ever having to do anything?" My first reaction was that I would feel lazy, but that's the Divine Romance of Christ. We can do nothing to render the outpouring of His love. I love this card...
















(P.C. Ohmydeerhandmades)
Rejoice in His love today.
Edit:: I also love the pink that is coming in for the spring wardrobe...despite how much I dislike color.

No comments:

Post a Comment