3.07.2010

Go, Go Steal My Heart

I don't want it back.

I may or may not be walking on Cloud 9 right now. I may or may not have the coolest boyfriend right now. And I may or may not be soaking all of this up right now. Jesus help us, we all love the "honeymoon" phase in a relationship; we all love the "I LOVE YOU's," being beautifully serenaded in the park, meeting the parents (scariest thing in my life thus far) & hopingwishingpraying they like you. It's just that I have to remind myself every day that I can only do these things because God first loved me/us. I can only love someone because I have first been loved. And I mean LOVED. Like, took my cross & gave Your life loved. Thus, I'm always drawn to 1 John 4 when my heart needs a little reality check, a little reminder that it's not me doing the loving.

And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love... We love because he first loved us. 1 John 4:16 & 19

Can March showers bring April flowers? I sure do hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment