6.17.2011

A Bike Ride + A Weekend

I went on a bike ride. I raced a dragonfly for nearly a quarter mile, laughed through sprinklers, and relished in the Lord's embrace. Let me tell you, it felt good. All the while, my mind was free with every fear and accusation under my feet. 
 --- 
This weekend I'm meeting up with a dear friend and her new man(!), awaiting my brother's arrival, anticipating a visit from my aunt and uncle, and finishing about 10 projects for school. It will be one word: busy. When life gets busy I often think that I don't have time to meditate on the Word, pray, and journal, but it's then that I'm reminded I can't even afford to neglect those things. It's then that I remember I must be poor in spirit, completely reliant on God, whether I'm happy or full of sorrow. Because those who are poor in spirit, theirs is the kingdom of heaven...

With all of my heart--

2 comments:

  1. My heart sings when I read these words. And I want to quote my favorite parts back to you. But then I realized the entire thing was my favorite . . .
    -Jillian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay but I really REALLY loved this part and the image that came to my head when I read it: "I raced a dragonfly for nearly a quarter mile . . . "

    By the way, while I catch up on your blog I've been listening to Deluge's "Open up the Sky" because the first post I read told me to. It's my first time to hear this song. And I thank you.
    -Jillian

    ReplyDelete