6.16.2011

Let Me Pursue You...

Yesterday included the usual bustle that was school, home, library, home, homework, and was sprinkled with encouraging conversation and sweet moments of reflection. Towards the end of the evening, as the sun was making way for the moon to light the sky, the Lord quietly prodded me, "Let me pursue you. Let me pursue you. You are not alone" Sitting cross-legged in the chair in the corner of my room, I had no other choice but to surrender to His pleas.

And this is what He said: I will pursue you through the light of the day and the dark of the night, through the battle of your tears and the surrender of your smile. You are beautiful. I will pursue you through the depth of your sin that has been cast as far as the east is from the west. You are beautiful. I will pursue your heart that is heavy with doubts, fears, and questions; passions, loves, and laughter. I will pursue you through the busyness of your times and the idleness of the clock. You are beautiful. I will pursue you in the multitudes and in your solitude; through the harvest and the desert; through your stubbornness and your obedience. You are beautiful, and you are mine. 

These words strengthen my heart.
He is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

For your joy and His glory.

---
Favorite music as of late: Bon Iver's new album --- literally the best when sleepiness sets in.

No comments:

Post a Comment