7.18.2011

Contentment

Sweet, sweet moments have been filling up my cup today.

Work started. I loved every second.
It's always a joy when choreography works with real life dancers.
And the last hour or so is one I loved.

I was curled up in an oversized chair reading The Hiding Place, eating chocolate chip cookie bar(s), drinking peppermint tea, and asking my dad question after question about World War II and European geography. Soreness began seeping into my body long before sitting down, but so did the truth that my twenty year old body can't move as my sixteen or seventeen year old body could, but this soreness only added to my stillness. My heart, body, and mind were content in that hour I sat drinking, reading, and relaxing.

Contentment. Something so many strive for and something that can only be found in Jesus. A lost art and prominent theme in The Hiding Place. In fact, I'm going to go soak some more up and finish this cup of tea next to me.

Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.

No comments:

Post a Comment