7.30.2011

Understood

I opted to take a bath tonight instead of a shower, because I didn't want to shave my legs standing up.
---
Perhaps it's human nature, but I think a lot of us desire to be understood. We not only want someone to accept our quirks and idiosyncrasies, but to sympathize with them, to nod in agreement and say, I get you. No one wants to be compromised. After all, we search for the things that others have already understood, so that we might be understood- whether it's the way we dress, the way we talk, the way we express ourselves in a thousand different ways.

Stop searching. Neither you nor I will ever be fully understood by one solely of flesh and blood, but...

Cheers to those who understand me more than I realize. And praise to a God who understands me always and fully, who understood me before He created me.

1 comment:

  1. thank you for posting this honesty.

    you impose clarity upon the reader.

    ReplyDelete