8.17.2011

Seattle, Day One

All I am is a traveler with dirt on my hands. All I have is dust in my pockets...And you in the end. -M. Hires

Friday evening, my mom and I boarded an airplane headed to the West coast and cooler temperatures. We arrived at the Sea-Tac airport well past midnight and found our way to a nearby hotel for the night before heading downtown the next day. The next three days, we did everything imaginable in the Emerald City and made it home yesterday evening with many stories and a few (over 200...) pictures I snapped along the way. Only time will tell how many parts there will be to this collection of Seattle postings, but I suggest you grab a comfy seat, a cup of tea/coffee, and enjoy!

I apologize for the captions and novel-like interjections. Sometimes I just can't help it. Hint: for bigger versions of all pictures, just click on them.

Ok, this is Ben. He's 20 years old, from China, a student at KSU, and studying business. He has only lived in the States for 2 months and doesn't speak English very well. We talked about fast food (he hates it), cultural differences, and most importantly, Jesus, all after 12am CST. There's so much about this kid, conversation, and the Lord's sweetness I could insert here. 
Saturday morning, light link rail ride, smooth sailing from Sea-Tac airport to downtown Seattle. 
Our first stop- the library. Hands down, Seattle Public Library is the coolest library ever.
Sassy.
We found this little gem on our jaunt from one side of Seattle to the other, or so it seemed.
Hey, Mark Driscoll.
All food pictures are for Lynds. The best turkey vegetable soup I've ever stuffed my boca with. Can be found at Bang Bang Cafe.
I took this while walking from our hotel to the Olympic Sculpture Park.
The next few pictures are taken from different areas of the Park. 
 No one knows what's going on here. Clearly.
Super cool contraption + Skateboard friends.
This picture is taken from Kerry Park.
In Seattle, it's imperative that you take your dog with you everywhere you go. This is Buddy.
Beautiful homes on Highland.
This place served the most wonderful iced peppermint tea known to man.
At El Diablo in Queen Anne. 
Look who we found on a corner in Seattle! It's my dad!
We ate doughnuts from Top Pot
And sweet fennel sausage, roasted pepper, and provolone pizza from Serious Pie to top off the evening.

And that, ladies and gentlemen is day one. Get ready for day two tomorrow! I hope...

1 comment: