1.10.2012

Two. Thousand. (and). Twelve



Beginnings and fresh starts- I love them. Newness- I love it. Few things are greater than these, so with the beginning of 2012 (ten days ago), happy new year! 
---
As most of you probably know, the ushering in of this year wouldn't be nearly as sweet without reflection on 2011, so if you could choose one word to describe your life for the past 365 days, what would it be?

Do you want to know what I would pick? Rescued. That's what I would pick. The past ten days have offered ample time for reflection, and as I have thought about 2011, the fact that I have been rescued becomes more and more evident. I have no doubt that the Lord mightily worked in situations and circumstances in my life to rescue me from that which robbed me of joy and Him of glory. I am certain that He plucked me from familiar surroundings and placed me in unfamiliar ones to rescue me from that which wasn't healthy or beneficial. And what's so beautiful about all of it? I believe He worked in these ways so that maybe, just maybe, I would begin to learn the sweetness of dependency (amongst other things)- dependency solely on Him.

While my New Year's resolution is to not make any New Year's resolutions, I do desire for 2012 to bring me further into the knowledge and love of the Gospel, as well as daily dependency on Him who saved me.

Hopefully I'll write more, too, but no promises.

(photohome.)

2012, get at me.

2 comments: